Friday, April 16, 2010

A new understanding...

Recently I had a situation occur in my life that left me taking stock of what’s really important and how I can change my life to really reflect those findings. I’ve been healing for two and a half weeks and while I’m not finished yet I have had several major, a-ha, moments. One of them was in regards to my blog.

As a parent, with a million things on my plate I find writing on a regular basis to be a real challenge. As a result, I write an article for ezine, post it to my blogs, add it to my facebook fanpage and say I am done. The problem is these articles are longer, take time to develop and are first to get dropped when other work related situations arise.

On the other hand, I make myself go daily (sometimes even a few times a day) to update my status on my social media outlets. It dawned on me that rarely do I write a status and not struggle with keeping it so short. So few characters leaves lots of room for misinterpretation and does not allow for examples. As a result, I decided to change the way I am blogging. I am going to use the status updates as my launching pad for a brief yet more informative blog and try to do so daily (except weekends of course).

I will still write longer articles for ezine and include them on my blog, but those can be like bonus pieces added in one or two times per month. Eureka! Perhaps I finally understand blogging.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment